“Sweet” activities highlight Homecoming week
Release Date: 2/11/2011
Clarksville, Ark. --- The "Sweet Life of Ozarks" is the theme for University of the Ozarks' 2011 Homecoming, scheduled for the week of Feb. 14-19.
“This year’s homecoming theme came about because, let’s be honest, Ozarks is a pretty sweet place to live and work,” said Megan FinCannon, president of the Student Foundation Board. “From the free candy on a staff member’s desk and the donuts in the President’s office, to winning the grand prize at Study Night Breakfast, to walking across the graduation stage, Ozarks is a SWEET place to be. During Homecoming Week, students, faculty and staff will have the chance to be thoughtful and sweet through numerous humanitarian opportunities.”
Among the opportunities to make a difference this week is a fund-raiser by the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee to benefit the Ozarks Rape Crisis Center. The campus community can donate money to vote for the Faculty/Staff Homecoming King and Queen. The Faculty/Staff King and Queen coronation will be held during the home basketball games on Thursday, Feb. 17. There will also be a Bone Marrow Fundraiser called The Polar Slide at 4 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 15, near Voorhees Hall. On Thursday, Feb. 17, the campus community can register to be a bone marrow donor in the Seay Student center with DKMS Bone Marrow Registry.
Homecoming Week Events
Sunday, Feb 13
- Movie Weekend
Monday, Feb. 14
- Red Hot Day (Wear Red)
- Homecoming Kick-off in Seay Student Center, 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
- R.A. Programs, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Costume Day
- Polar Slide, 4 p.m.
- Soup Night in cafeteria., 5 p.m.
- CHANGE Game Show, 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Nerd Day
- Bonfire Games, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 17
- Spirit Day ( Purple and Gold)
- Bone Marrow Donor Drive, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CAB Funny Fotos, 2 p.m.
- Basketball Games, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Homecoming court announced, halftime of women’s game
- SAAC Faculty/Staff Coronation, halftime of men’s game
Friday, Feb. 18
- Ugly Sweater Day
- Chris Jones, Comedian/Hypnotist, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 19
- Spirit Day
- Basketball Games, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Senior Day Presentation, between games
- Homecoming 2011 Coronation, men’s halftime
- El Parian Night & Dance, 9 p.m.