|Saturday, November 03, 2012|
- Habitat for Humanity *
- Contact: Julia Frost Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 479-979-1401
- MCM Sponsored Habitat for Humanity
- Introduction to Search and Rescue
- When: 7am-6pm
- Where: Mabee Sports Complex Room 103
- The Introduction to Search and Rescue (ISAR)/SARTECH III course is the first course in a stepping stone approach to higher level NASAR courses of training for emergency personnel. It provides a common starting point in training for the new person to SAR and in many cases, an excellent refresher course for the more experience SAR worker. This common starting point provides continuity during SAR operations and future training of all team members.
ISAR/SARTECH III is designed to provide knowledge concerning the general responsibilities, skills, abilities, and the equipment needed by persons who would be participating in a search or rescue mission. The course is based around rural and wilderness environments but the material is recommended as a base of knowledge for all SAR environments. The recommended number of hours for the course is (16) sixteen. ISAR is also designed to prepare the student for SARTECH III certification, according to the knowledge objectives defined in the NASAR Certification Criteria for SARTECH III. The 75 question, multiple choice SARTECH III exam is taken at the end of the ISAR course.