Alumni Giving to Ozarks
The primary goal of the university's Office of Advancement is to build strong and lasting relationships with our alumni, parents and friends, educating them about the role of private support in furthering our mission, and encouraging them to give in support of our continued commitment to providing the best education possible to our students. Annual gifts make up a significant part of the financial aid we are able to provide to our students. In fact, three out of every four students receive much-needed assistance from our Annual Scholarship Fund. You can give to a specific scholarship fund, request that your gift support students in a specific department, or simply ask that your gift be used where it is needed most.
The Alumni Board promotes the University and guides the Alumni Association in its projects, policies, and financial matters.
Here are just some of the heartfelt reasons why University of the Ozarks alumni give back to their alma mater:
- ...with a grateful heart for the sense of values, the academic preparation, and the social awareness that we obtained while students at this institution.
- - Bill and Bettye Aydelott, Classes of 1953 and 1955
- ...I have been extremely impressed in the people and the direction they have taken the University.
- - Richard Franks, Class of 1965
- ...I know my gift is genuinely appreciated.
- - Dan Hartman, Class of 1980
- ...for the tremendous experiences we enjoyed at Ozarks which continue to mark our lives today.
- - Rev. Dr. Ralph and Betty Ehren, Classes of 1955 and 1953
- ...we have seen first-hand so many deserving students who benefited from financial aid. ...Special place: special people.
- - Levada and Lonnie Qualls, Class of 1955
- I give to Ozarks to support and honor the long-standing culture of a campus that values educational opportunities for a diverse student community.
- - Ann Patterson, Class of 1975
- Because it gave me an excellent education and life-long friends, I give to the University of the Ozarks.
- - Sue Pine, Class of 1957
- I give to Ozarks with the Hope that I can benefit an individual the same way I benefitted from the scholarships that put me through Ozarks.
- - Ryan Rose, Class of 2007
- ...I want others to have a chance to experience what I did at Ozarks.
- - Dr. John Scribner, Class of 1998
- ...My gifts are also intended to continue the legacy of learning for other students....a way to 'pay it forward' for all the support I received.
- - Rev. Rita Wilson, Class of 1970