University of the Ozarks ensembles set 2008 Spring Tour
Release Date: 2/12/2008
Clarksville, Ark. --- The University of the Ozarks Chorale and music ensembles will perform at 16 churches and retirement villages in four states as part of their 2008 Spring Concert tour.
U of O Assistant Professor of Music Dr. G. Mikael Lindström will direct the Ozarks Chorale, Chamber Singers and University Ringers during their tour of Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas. Jeanine Myers, an adjunct professor of math at Ozarks, is serving as pianist and rehearsal accompanist during the tour, and Dawn Dvoracek, director of church relations at Ozarks, will serve as tour organizer.
The 2008 Spring Tour will begin with a performance at Munger Chapel on the U of O campus on March 4 and a performance during the Sunday morning worship service at First Presbyterian Church in Clarksville on Sunday, March 9. The concert series will include a six-day, 10-performance bus tour of churches and retirement communities in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas and Oklahoma from March 14-19.
Among the selections the groups are expected to perform are Thanks be to God, Lift Thine Eyes, He That Shall Endure to the End, Come Where My Love Lies Dreaming, Ev’ry Time I Feel the Spirit, When I Fall in Love, Muié Renera, Sing Me to Heaven, Meditation on Psalm 121, I Sing to the Almighty Power of God and Holy Spirit, Gift of God.
The tour performances include:
- U of O Munger Memorial Chapel in Clarksville, Ark., at 11 a.m., March 4
- First Presbyterian Church in Clarksville, Ark., at 10 a.m., March 9.
- First Presbyterian Church in Dardanelle, Ark., at 7 p.m., March 14.
- Presbyterian Village in Little Rock, Ark., at 2 p.m., March 15
- Presbyterian Kirk in the Pine in Hot Springs Village, Ark., at 6:15 p.m., March 15
- First Presbyterian Church in Malvern, Ark., at 11 a.m., March 16
- Minden Presbyterian Church in Minden, Louisiana, 7 p.m., March 16
- First Presbyterian Church in Arlington, Texas, at 7 p.m., March 17
- The Fountains at Canterbury in Oklahoma City, Okla., at 1 p.m., March 18
- First Presbyterian Church in Oklahoma City, Okla., at 7:30 p.m., March 18
- Butterfield Trail Village in Fayetteville, Ark., at 2 p.m., March 19
- First Presbyterian Church in Springdale, Ark., 6:30 p.m., March 19
- U of O Munger Chapel in Clarksville, Ark., at 6:30 p.m., March 29.
- Central Presbyterian Church in Russellville, Ark., 10:50 a.m., March 30
- First Presbyterian Church in Fort Smith, Ark., at 11 a.m., April 6
- Bella Vista Community Church in Bella Vista, Ark., at 9:30 and 11 a.m., April 13
The public is invited to attend any of these concerts.