|Friday, January 25, 2013|
- CCM Prayer Meeting
- When: 4-5pm
- Where: Chapel-Angell Hall
- Contact: Melodye Stickley Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 479-979-1434
- Magic for Non-Believers
- When: 7-8pm
- Where: Hanna and Bruning Rooms, Rogers Conference Center
- Distinguished Speaker Series: Tom Verdery *
- When: 11 a.m.
- Where: Baldor Auditorium, Boreham Business Building
- Contact: Rickey Casey Email: email@example.com Telephone: 479-979-1293
In the opening event for the Enactus/PBL Distinguished Speaker Series, Mr. Tom Verdery, Executive in Residence, The Soderquist Center, will present "Top Habits of Successful Leaders." The lecture will begin at 11 a.m. in the Baldor Auditorium in the Boreham Business Building. This lecture is free and open to the public.
- Women's Soccer Clinic
- When: TBA
- Where: Mabee Sports Complex
- Contact: Bryan Drotar Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 479-979-1334
- The University of the Ozarks will conduct a soccer clinic for High School girls on January 25-26, 2013 at Ozarks' campus.
Head women’s soccer coach Bryan Drotar will conduct the camp. The clinic is open to advanced female soccer players who are graduating in the classes of 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. It begins on Friday afternoon, and will include high level training sessions, fun, and an overview of expectations as a collegiate level athlete.
- Dr. Meyers Lecture and Book Signing *
- When: 7:00pm
- Where: Walton-Rowntree Recital Hall
- Contact: William Clary Email: email@example.com Telephone: 479-979-1471
Renowned author, speaker and educator the Rev. Dr. Robin R. Meyers will be at Ozarks in January to give a lecture and hold a book signing for his book, "The Underground Church: Reclaiming the Subversive Way of Jesus."
Renowned author, speaker and educator the Rev. Dr. Robin R. Meyers will visit University of the Ozarks on Jan. 25-26 as part of the University's 2012-2013 Walton Arts & Ideas Series.Meyers, an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ (UCC) and a tenured professor in the philosophy department at Oklahoma City University, will present a pair of public events during his visit to Ozarks. At 7:30 p.m., on Friday, Jan. 25, Meyers will give a lecture and book signing for his recent book, "The Underground Church: Reclaiming the Subversive Way of Jesus." The lecture will be held in Rowntree Recital Hall, in the University's Walton Fine Arts Building.
On Saturday, Jan. 26, there will be a showing of the HBO documentary, The Execution of Wanda Jean, at 11:00 am in the Rogers Conference Center, followed by a discussion led by Meyers on the issues surrounding the death penalty and the conflicts it presents in regards to the Christian faith.Both events are free and open to the public.
- IM Volleyball sign ups end
- When: 4:30 pm
- Where: On-line
- Contact: Bo Funderburk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 479-979-1426