Campus Calendar Library Databases Campus Directory Educator Campus Bookstore Forms Email Photo of the week

Transfer of Credit from Other Institutions of Higher Education

Current students must obtain prior approval from the discipline advisor, the chair of the division in which the course will count for credit, the General Education Committee Chair in some circumstances, and the vice president for academic affairs before taking courses for transfer from other institutions of higher education. 

The approval for the courses will be based on

  1. Accreditation of the transfer institution through a regional accrediting body or, for international institutions, recognition by the country's Ministry of Education as a degree granting institution
  2. Applicability of the course towards a degree program (such as associate's or bachelor's degree) at the transfer institution
  3. The student’s total accumulation of credits towards the maximum of sixty-six hours from a junior or community college and/or the total accumulation of credits towards the maximum of nine hours of correspondence or on-line courses. 

Further, students must earn grades of at least C- or P, where documentation shows the grade of P is equivalent to C- or higher, to fulfill the transfer criteria. 

Approval forms are available from the Office of Academic Affairs or from the Office of the Registrar.   Once the coursework is completed, the student must request an official transcript to be sent to the university registrar, who will complete the transfer evaluation based on the approvals granted.