Fall Commencement scheduled for Dec. 12
Release Date: 11/14/2012
University of the Ozarks will hold its 2012 Fall Commencement at 4 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 12, in Munger Memorial Chapel.
The University is expected to confer bachelor’s degrees to 11 graduates during the ceremony. There will be a reception for the graduates and their families and friends in the Rogers Conference Center following commencement.
David Rawhouser, a 1969 Ozarks graduate and chair of the university’s Board of Trustees, will serve as the keynote speaker for the 2012 Fall Commencement, scheduled for 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 12, in Munger Chapel.
David Rawhouser, a 1969 Ozarks graduate and the chairman of the university’s Board of Trustees, will serve as the commencement speaker. Rawhouser, who grew up on a farm in Illinois, earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a minor in accounting at Ozarks. He earned an MBA while serving in the U.S. Air Force before embarking on a 40-year career as an accountant in the oil and gas industry in Texas. He has served on the U of O Board of Trustees for 12 years and will complete his third year as chairman on Dec. 31. Rawhouser and his wife, Jill, have one son, Patrick, who is currently finishing his master’s degree in chemistry at Vanderbilt University.
Those expected to receive diplomas on Dec. 12 include:
- Krystal Clark, Hephzibah, Ga., BS, mathematics
- Katrina Mariswamy, Malaysia, BS, psychology
- Kelsey Meek, Clarksville, Ark., BS, physical education
- Dylan Merritt, Clarksville, Ark., BS, mathematics
- Katherine Miller, Benavides, Texas, BS, business administration
- Brandon Neal, Hartman, Ark., BA, art (Magna Cum Laude)
- Dereana Pfeiffer, Clarksville, Ark., BA, art
- Robert Smith, Tomball, Texas, BS, management/administration
- Christy Sparks, Bentonville, Ark., BS, physical education
- Colby Woolverton, Sherwood, Ark., BS, physical education
- Chris Young, Grand Prairie, Texas, BS, marketing