Giving to Ozarks: Your Gifts Make a Difference
The primary goal of the university's Office of Advancement is to build strong and lasting relationships with our alumni, parents and friends, educating them about the role of private support in furthering our mission, and encouraging them to give in support of our continued commitment to providing the best education possible to our students.
Annual gifts make up a significant part of the financial aid we are able to provide to our students. In fact, three out of every four students receive much-needed assistance from our Annual Scholarship Fund.
How can you help?
You can give to a specific scholarship fund, request that your gift support students in a specific department, or simply ask that your gift be used where it is needed most. Contributions made to Ozarks are tax-deductible, as allowed by law, and can be made in several different ways:
- Join The Green Giving Program to maximize your gift! Debit or credit card withdrawals are safe, efficient, and less expensive than
using paper checks. In addition, your withdrawal can earn you points, awards, and airline miles depending on the
card you use for the transactions.
To setup automatic debits from your checking or savings account, or to setup a
recurring charge to your VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express credit card, sign up using our Online Giving Form or contact Kody Eakin, Advancement Services Manager.
- Credit Card - Make your gift online using your VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card.
- Personal Check - to make a payment by personal check, make the check payable to Office of Advancement, then send it to University of the Ozarks, 415 N. College Avenue, Clarksville, AR 72830.
- Alumni Plaza - When you honor an Ozarks graduate by donating $300 or more to the Annual Scholarship Fund, you can request that a gift engraved with his or her name be placed in the Alumni Plaza.
- Securities and Mutual Fund Shares - Gifts of securities of mutual fund shares may be tax-deductible at fair market value on the date of transfer to the university. For more information, contact Lori McBee, Director of Development. Email Lori
- Corporate Matching Gifts - Your gift to University of the Ozarks can be doubled or even tripled if your employer provides matching gifts for contributions to higher education. Check with your employer's personnel office to obtain a matching gift form, or contact Kody Eakin, Advancement Services Manager. Email Kody
- Endowed Funds - Establishing or contributing to an endowed fund - whether for a tuition scholarship, academic department, or special program - ensures that your gift will continue to grow and perpetuate the mission of Ozarks. To learn more about endowed gifts, contact Lori McBee, Director of Development. Email Lori
- Tangible Property and Gifts-in-Kind - Items such as art objects suitable for museum or classroom use are deductible to the full appreciated value, and services and assistance provided free-of-charge to Ozarks can qualify for a tax deduction. Contact Lori McBee, Director of Development, for more information. Email Lori
- Real Estate - For information about making a donation of real property to Ozarks,
contact Lori McBee, Director of Development. Email Lori
- Life Insurance - For information about designating Ozarks as the beneficiary to a life insurance policy, contact Lori McBee, Director of Development. Email Lori.