The James R. Struthers Pastoral Study Leave Fellowship
Established in 2005, the University of the Ozarks Pastoral Study Leave Program is a unique opportunity for Presbyterian pastors to visit the University for personal and professional development.
Through the program, the University funds travel expenses, meals and lodging, as well as an office in Robson Library for the visiting pastor.
Under the program, a different pastor is selected to visit Ozarks for 4-5 days each semester. The visiting pastor can use University resources for personal study time and professional development. They will also have the opportunity to interact with students, faculty and staff through classroom lectures, seminars and presentations, as well as in less formal situations, such as study groups, meals and fellowship. The pastor may also have the opportunity to preside over one of the regular Chapel Worship Services.
Entry into the program is through a competitive process that includes review by an on-campus selection committee. Pastors interested in participating should contact Dawn Dvoracek at the address given below:
Director of Church Relations
University of the Ozarks
415 N. College Ave.
Clarksville, AR 72830
- Spring 2013: The Rev. Leah R. Hrachovec, of First Presbyterian Church in Stillwater, Okla.
- Fall 2012: The honorably retired Rev. Darwin D. Wolfe, of Bentonville, Ark.
- Fall 2011: The Rev. Janet Butin, co-pastor of First United Presbyterian Church in Fayetteville, Ark.
- Fall 2011: The Rev. Dr. Marion A. Humphrey, pastor of Allison Presbyterian Church in Little Rock
- Spring 2011: The Rev. Dr. Debra C. "Debbie" Freeman, minister in residence at the Presbyterian Village in Little Rock
- Fall 2010: The Rev. Jack Harberer, editor for The Presbyterian Outlook
- Spring 2010: Chaplain (Lieutenant Colonel) Barbara K. Sherer,
Division Chaplain, 1st Cavalry Division
- 2009: The Rev. Elaine Johnson, First Presbyterian Church Tulsa, OK
- Fall 2008: The Rev. Dr. William F. Galbraith, III, First Presbyterian Church, Fort Smith, AR
- Spring 2008: The Rev. Cathy Ulrich , Central Presbyterian Church, Fort Smith, AR
- Fall 2007: The Rev. Dr. Jeffrey K. London, John Knox Presbyterian Church, Tulsa, OK
- Spring 2007: The Rev. Karen Rogers, First United Presbyterian Church, Guthrie, OK
- Fall 2006: The Rev. James Jacobson, First Presbyterian Church, Guymon, OK
- Spring 2006: The Rev. Jane Huffstetler, St. James Presbyterian Church, Jenks, OK
- Fall 2005: The Rev. Dr. James D. Miller, First Presbyterian Church, Tulsa, OK