This year the Environmental Sustainability Committee will send out a number of GREEN TIPs throughout the academic year. Each of us can make a difference by changing our habits. Several small steps can sometimes add up to a big change.
Green Tip for 12/9/2011: Tips for a Greener Holiday
Looking for tips to make this holiday season a little greener? These tips will help make an imprint on your carbon footprint and on your pocketbook!
- Send your greetings through email or e-cards, reuse the front of the holiday greeting cards you received last year!
- Use reusable dinnerware for your holiday parties.
- Give gifts of time to your family members - like babysitting for your niece and nephew, or helping Mom clean up the dishes after your meals.
- Use recycled wrapping paper for gifts or use comics from the newspaper or cutouts of magazines to wrap gifts.
- Reuse and recycle the packaging that your gifts come in this year.
- Purchase an artificial tree or buy a live tree that you can watch grow year round!
Show All Green Tips