Munger-Wilson Memorial Chapel
Munger-Wilson Memorial Chapel has served as the stately and elegant spiritual heart of the Ozarks campus since its completion in January of 1933. The Chapel was built with a gift from Miss Jesse Munger of Plainfield, N.J., to further the college's Presbyterian mission in higher education. It was named in honor of her father, Raymond Munger, a New York businessman known for his work in religion and education. Much of the work on the Chapel was done by Ozarks students, which helped many of them stay in school during The Great Depression. The Chapel, which seats approximately 700 people, was built of limestone trimmed with Nu-Carth stone. It was designed by A.O. Clarke, a noted architect from Rogers, Ark. Today, Munger Chapel houses the University's weekly Chapel Service, the annual Lessons & Carols concert, the Alumni Weekend Memorial Service, special Sunday morning services and other campus events.